Welcome to Mt. Shasta, California
We are a vibrant alpine community located at the base of Mt. Shasta, northern California’s tallest and most majestic peak, and a hub for outdoor enthusiasts from around the world. Our community takes pride in the energy of our town and the entrepreneurial spirit that defines our local residents and businesses.
The Landing is a new city-owned mixed-use development that is located within the Mt. Shasta city limits and is bordered by the magnificent Shasta-Trinity National Forest and Interstate 5, California’s major north-south transportation corridor.
The Landing is ‘127 acres of opportunity’ and the City is excited to work to develop the property in a way that emphasizes community and economic vitality for the region.
This historic property is Mt. Shasta’s largest commercial property and has been the focus of city and community development planning over the last decade.
As a heritage lumber mill property, the city has focused on ensuring environmental safety and compliance by working with the Siskiyou County Economic Development Council and the United States Environmental Protection Agency to address any hazardous materials and petroleum remnants due to former use that could potentially serve as a barrier to development.
Today, 70% of the property is ready for development and the remaining 30% is anticipated to be ready by 2020.
The Landing provides a fantastic opportunity to join with the city in developing the site as an attractive location for businesses and visitors while taking advantage of the idyllic alpine setting and dynamic location. Siskiyou County is a place where world-class recreation meets world class business.
Acknowledgement: Funding responsible for this project comes from the United States Environmental Protection Agency (US EPA) Brownfields Program